haiku-usa

A blog devoted mainly to haiku and senryu and to thoughts about, and inspired by, haiku and senryu.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York

Haiku is to poetry as espresso is to coffee.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I'm leaving town for the weekend, and I thought I'd post a few more winter haiku. #1 was written around New Year's Day; #2, on February 1; and #3, today. Each is meant to suggest a different stage of winter. We'll see.
1
points of grass
whisker dimpled snow
time evaporates
2
hoar frost
coats the flattened grass
snow retreats
3
snow on the lawn
a white cat stares
from an open window

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,

This is my first time to visit your blog, but I'll be back. . . I started a haiku blog called Haiku-doodle (www.haikudoodle.wordpress.com) a little over a month ago and learned about you through Melissa Allen's Red Dragonfly. Your work is wonderful, but I chose "The Gates" haiku to comment on because I'm a huge fan of Christo and Jeanne-Claude. (I teach Humanities, and I always begin with their work and the question: Is It Art?) I left New York a few years before their installation in Central Park . . . oh, how I wish I could have experienced it. Your (revised) haiku captures just how I feel it in my imagination.

Thanks, Margaret

2:28 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

I love the revision ...it's more open ended I think
saffron banners
holding the wind
letting go

... too much thinking about what "it" was .....
The revision works equally for the banners and the wind letting go. It's a smooth transition. Enjoyed thinking on it .... Gina

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.