haiku-usa

A blog devoted mainly to haiku and senryu and to thoughts about, and inspired by, haiku and senryu.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York

Haiku is to poetry as espresso is to coffee.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Vaughn rules!

My friend Vaughn (masago), a frequent visitor to this blog, has just had a haiku chosen as "Best of the Best" in the new issue of World Haiku Review. He shares the honor with Laryalee Fraser, another close friend. Her encouraging comments back when I was just getting started in haiku can be found in the archives. Vaughn has a number of poems in the issue.

My friend Polona is also well-represented in this issue.

And, if you'll pardon the plug, so am I. I am honored to have my work turn up in "ten best" lists in several categories. Some of the poems have already appeared here. Those that haven't will be turning up in weeks to come.

All this and more can be found at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WHCworldhaikureview/message/4

By the way, I presume to call Vaughn, Lary, and Polona my friends, and I regard and value them as such, even though we've never met face to face. That's one of the privileges, and one of the joys, of belonging to the haiku community.

13 Comments:

Blogger polona said...

kudos, vaughn!
and of course congrats to you, too, my friend.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Natalia L. Rudychev said...

Congratulations to you and all your friends!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Pat Paulk said...

Bill you are a class act my friend. I read Vaughn's haiku every morning and enjoy his words like sweet candy. Congratulations to all!!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

polona, natalia, and pat, my deepest thanks. It's always great to hear from you.

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link – It includes
some very heart felt haiku.
Congratulations on your entries.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

You're welcome, kara. I'm glad you used it. And thanks.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks, aurora.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Masago said...

Bill, thanks for your kind words and encouragement.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

My pleasure, vaughn.

7:42 PM  
Blogger floots said...

congrats
well deserved success
for all of you

12:18 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks, floots.

9:55 AM  
Blogger haiku-shelf (Angelika Wienert) said...

a lot of good haiku!

thank you for the link, Bill


congratulations to you Bill, congratulations to all!


Angelika
Oberhausen (Germany)

(haiku-shelf)

9:53 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks, Angelika. It's always a pleasure to hear from you, and your comments, always sincere and thoughtful, mean a great deal to me.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.