haiku-usa

A blog devoted mainly to haiku and senryu and to thoughts about, and inspired by, haiku and senryu.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York

Haiku is to poetry as espresso is to coffee.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

sequence

The first three senryu in this sequence have already been posted here. #1 has also appeared at tempslibre and tinywords and has been selected for this year's anthology of the Haiku Society of America. The sequence has just been published in its present form at haiku du jour (I've made one revision in #4.).

1
war news
I wash the ink
from my fingers
2
war news
switching channels
to reality TV
3
weekend drive
listening to war news
we miss the exit
4
war news
PRESIDENT: NO SURRENDER
TO THE PEOPLE

9 Comments:

Blogger polona said...

i remember these senryu but it's great to see them together

11:48 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks, polona. How it happened was that I submitted the four to Mankh at "haiku du jour," inquiring whether he'd be interested in any of them. He decided to publish the four as a sequence, and the rest is--well, the rest is what you see.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Masago said...

HEAVY

9:27 PM  
Blogger Tikkis said...

# 4 is bad, but true?
# 3 happening also for me, sometimes
# 2 & 1 I remember, and still I like those.

A strong set, Bill!

3:21 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Well, Vaughn, lightness has its limitations.

tikkis, welcome back, my friend.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bill, in my view, together, the poems are even more powerful. As if people would have forgotten the huge tragedy of the wars, these became a desk problem, numbers, statistics, TV show, far and clean as a computer game. Your message is very important.
Thank you very much.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks for that comment, Dana-Maria. I value it very highly.

8:07 AM  
Blogger floots said...

like polona i remember (some of) these
particularly the first
powerful and truthful
well done

11:29 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thank you, floots.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.