haiku-usa

A blog devoted mainly to haiku and senryu and to thoughts about, and inspired by, haiku and senryu.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York

Haiku is to poetry as espresso is to coffee.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

diary #3

my old diary
the name is familiar
but . . .
[This completes the "old diary" series, three poems submitted to the Sketchbook kukai for November. This one finished out of the money, but I confess to a certain fondness for it; you know what they say about one's ugly children.]

7 Comments:

Blogger Devika Jyothi said...

You name your diaries, Bill?

Thats interesting...
& I liked the confession there :)

the 'ku' seems an easy business...
a pass-time, i believe..

wishes,
devika

9:03 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Well, Devika, I try to make it seem easy

fallen leaf
pages from the diary
I never kept

(Published in Magnapoets)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Devika Jyothi said...

That's a good one, Bill
whether you kept the diary or not...or someone else had kept it or didn't.:)

i keep leaves, pea-cock feathers between my books...sometimes some photos -- and when they fall out of the blue when i take the book to read again..it gives me immense happiness...and brings memories -- good or bad -- of the times i kept it there...

but actually those were common teenage, youthful fancy..and they remain even today...leaves look a bit too skeletal...peacock feathers remain as it is :)

wishes,
devika

12:09 AM  
Blogger Magyar said...

I like all the 'diaries' Bill.
Last of this tercet;

but... -who am I-
_m

8:27 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks for the return visit, Devika.

Thanks, Magyar. That's one way to do it.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this one too! Hardly an ugly child...

1:42 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks, lyn.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.