haiku-usa

A blog devoted mainly to haiku and senryu and to thoughts about, and inspired by, haiku and senryu.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York

Haiku is to poetry as espresso is to coffee.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

long night

long night
come on out mouse
we're alone

Shiki Kukai, April 2010.Kigo "emerging animals." This is a spring kigo. Mine cheats a bit. A mouse emerging from its hole is not what the organizers had in mind, and, in fact, the kigo is "long night (winter)." But once this popped into my head, it wouldn't go away, so I had to let it out. Just like the mouse, I guess.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Long night" for me too : I can't sleep ! its rains !

(kigo intéressant)

7:38 PM  
Blogger John McDonald said...

and I'm glad you did Bill
john

1:15 AM  
Blogger Frank... said...

I like the humour in this one, Bill...

5:07 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks, Marcel, John, and Frank.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Ralf Bröker said...

Very fine haiku. And a good story, Bill :-)

Best wishes
Ralf

3:54 PM  
Blogger Adelaide said...

Hi Bill,

A charming haiku, something Issa could have written.

Adelaide

7:54 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks, Ralf and Adelaide. In my heart, I dedicated this one to Issa.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Monika said...

Bill, I love this one ! It makes me think of those moments, long time ago, during my student years, when I lived in a flat in an old house with two friends. There was a little mouse which came out every evening, running back and forth on the wooden corridor floor, as soon as we put on a record (mostly Bach or the Beatles). I remember one night in particular, whe had our very much admired assistent professor for dinner and were extremely nervous, fearing he could see the mouse... He didn't.

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.