haiku-usa

A blog devoted mainly to haiku and senryu and to thoughts about, and inspired by, haiku and senryu.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York

Haiku is to poetry as espresso is to coffee.

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

government (slick 5 )

government
of the people
by the people
for the people
what's the problem?*

*"Government is the problem." (President Ronald Reagan and countless others since. Lines 2-4 are a direct quotation from the Gettysburg Address of President Abraham Lincoln, who thought it was worth fighting a war to assure that this government should not perish from the earth.)


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good manifesto, I think ?

10:14 AM  
Blogger Magyar said...

Bill,
__I believe, and I have previously said:
__When the people turn and walk away, their leaders will follow.

__We then, (I) the unknowing, havn't the intellect to determine what's good for us. (Are then, our votes intellectually un-sound?)
__I have, since my first young vote, been an independent voter; not imprinted by a party's rhetoric, I cast as I see and feel.
__You, Bill, are so correct... the government should come back to the people. _m

8:05 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

a shame really that the govt for the people is barely adolescent...

3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.