haiku-usa

A blog devoted mainly to haiku and senryu and to thoughts about, and inspired by, haiku and senryu.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York

Haiku is to poetry as espresso is to coffee.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

after:21

cool of the evening
how happy I am
I was born a man

Kikaku 1661-1709

A comment by R. H. Blyth (Haiku, v. 3, p. 743):

What Kikaku meant was that being born a man enabled him to sit practically naked and cool himself in the evening breeze. But in addition, there is the fact that to be born a man instead of a woman is as much a matter of congratulation as being born a man instead of a giraffe.

A comment on Kikaku and Blyth by me:

cool of the evening
how happy I am
she's a woman

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristin Riggs said...

I love this, Bill!

2:29 AM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

nice one Bill

much love...

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Monika said...

Ha ! I like you version, Bill ! But... living in our century, I sincerely can answer

fraƮcheur du soir
quelle chance ! je suis
une femme

:-)

8:52 AM  
Blogger Adelaide said...

very drole, Bill. A good one.

Adelaide

6:32 PM  
Blogger John McDonald said...

well done with these Bill
john

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.