haiku-usa

A blog devoted mainly to haiku and senryu and to thoughts about, and inspired by, haiku and senryu.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York

Haiku is to poetry as espresso is to coffee.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

anthology pieces

I am honored to have two of my poems selected for Carving Darkness: The Red Moon Anthology of English Language Haiku 2011

mood ring
what she's not
telling me

a voice that says
my call is important
cold rain

Both have been previously posted at this blog. "mood ring" was an entry in the Shiki Monthly Kukai for December 2010 (it ran out of the money). "a voice" was first published in Modern Haiku.

This marks the fifth time in six years that I have been included in this anthology. For further information on this and other publications of the Red Moon Press, go to www.redmoonpress.com.

9 Comments:

Blogger Bubba said...

Congrats, Bill! They obviously know talent when they read it!

6:54 AM  
Blogger polona said...

congratulations, Bill.
i managed to get one in there, too, this year

11:51 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

Great, Bill ! Félicitations ! J'aime les deux senryûs, mais - malheureusement, les deux sont difficiles à traduire.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thank you, Bubba,

Thanks, Polona. Yes, I was pleased to see you there. I've left a comment at your blog.

Thank you, Monika. Too bad. I gain something in translation.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Magyar said...

As always, Bill! _m

9:17 AM  
Blogger jem said...

Well done Bill. I remember when those mood rings were all the rage - I remember a girl who used to wear one - this ku would have be welcome then!

4:31 AM  
Blogger Tikkis said...

Interesting to hear that; good news!

When my financial liquid assets turning positive (I hope as in Greek economy, too?-) I think I'll visit Red Moon Press Bookstore! ...

Meanwhile I'll read your blog, Bill!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

I promise not to raise the price, tikkis.

I'd never buy one for my wife, Jem. But, then, she tells me everything.

Thanks, M

11:57 AM  
Blogger Danièle Duteil said...

Félicitations pour ce talent, Bill !

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.