haiku-usa

A blog devoted mainly to haiku and senryu and to thoughts about, and inspired by, haiku and senryu.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York

Haiku is to poetry as espresso is to coffee.

Friday, March 15, 2013

wind and rain

I like this one by Frank Williams. You can access his blog by clicking on "Frank Williams" in the list to the left

bitter wind . . .
we take refuge
in a betting shop

I was motivated to this response, based on how things were with me 35+ years ago:

sudden rain
I look for a bar
to stay dry in

It's a special kind of pleasure when another poet's work inspires my own. 

8 Comments:

Blogger Frank... said...

Thanks for that Bill. Your poem is a very nice response to mine...

2:48 PM  
Blogger John McDonald said...

nice one Bill
john

4:37 PM  
Blogger Warren said...

Both poems, Frank's and yours, terrific!

Warren

8:34 PM  
Blogger polona said...

i like both poems. something many can relate to...

5:22 AM  
Blogger Danièle Duteil said...

Nice ! Each one his kind of pleasure.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

A pleasure, Frank.

John, Warren, polona, and Daniele, thank you. Glad my effort doesn't look too shabby next to Frank's.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

Two good haiku, nice to see them side by side

9:18 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thank you, Juliet.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.