haiku-usa

A blog devoted mainly to haiku and senryu and to thoughts about, and inspired by, haiku and senryu.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York

Haiku is to poetry as espresso is to coffee.

Sunday, May 05, 2013

kingfisher


A wonderful view of a kingfisher, which flew, a streak of electric blue downriver then stopped. I watched it on its perch as it showed me first its orange front then its blue and turquoise back then dived into the water twice before disappearing into the bushes overhanging the water.
(http:/craftygreenpoet.blogspot.com)


front view back view
does the kingfisher
know I'm here
The haiku is my response to the description of the kingfisher, which Juliet recently posted at her wonderful blog "crafty green poet." I left the haiku as a comment at the blog. For me, Juliet's description evoked the kind of moment in which nature seems aware of our presence and displays itself for our delight.

6 Comments:

Blogger John McDonald said...

like it Bill nice collection here in my absence
john

12:27 AM  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

thanks for this, Bill! Yes sometimes birds do seem to show off for a human audience!

5:26 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

Oh ! Lovely, Bill ! Thank you for showing us the kingfisher (one of my favorite birds).

11:13 AM  
Blogger polona said...

an enjoyable collaboration

12:58 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks, John. Welcome back.

My pleasure, Juliet.

Thanks, Monika and polona.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Magyar said...

Always... _m

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.